Analysis of Top Moonlord/Marauder Build (From Korea)
DNB: I would like to emphasize that this build is extracted from the Korea event, and it is not meant to be an exact 100% good skill build. As you can see from the title, it is an analysis.
Before going into the analysis, I will show you the new 2nd advancement skills for Moonlord/Marauder. Credits to chaose5 from MMOsite forum.
- Moon Blade Dance: Junp and deal quick 5 diagonal slashes in the air. Single hit mag dmg 116.4%+202. Cd 19sec at Lv2.
- Moonlight Splinter EX: Enhanced version of moonlight splinter, with additional 30% AOE damage.
- Flash Stance: Drawing the sword quickly to launch long range attack by left-clicking.Single hit mag dmg 56%+602. Right-click to cast a heavy damage final blow and cancel the stance. CD 50sec at Lv1. Duration 7sec.
Without further ado, let’s take a look at the top Moon Lord skill build voted in Korea.
While writing this post, I realise that I made some mistakes and missed out some pointers on my Magic Hybrid Sword Master skill build. I have already made some changes so you may want to read it again. In this post, I will go about discussing probable reasons why certain skills are added or ignored and their feasibility.
This build basically focuses more on magic attack skills and ignores most of the physical track.
- Circle Break – This skill is ignored in the build. For me, I will most likely ignore this skill as well because of its low damage and the debuffing ability is not that great as well. Besides, being a magic type attacker, Circle Break is a physical skill which is not wise to invest into. In the Sword Master build I have written, I didn’t consider the 2nd advancement issue yet. That is why the level of Moon Light Splinter is low as well.
- Relieve – This skill was raised to level 5 because of the lower cooldown.
- Physical Mastery/Mental Mastery/Mental Training – In this build, all 3 skills are max-ed. Personal preference again to see if you need SP else where. Probably Wave Impact? Increasing its range requires an additional 6 levels from lv 4. The required SP is quite high so you have to consider carefully.
Sword Master Skills
- Moon Light Splinter – Lv 12 in this build. Lv 11 is required to unlock MLS EX. In my humble opinion, the damage improvement from that single additional level is not that great. If you need additional SP to gain access to Line Drive, this is a possible choice for you. Some people may argue that, increasing by one level gives 1% more damage for the skill. Having 3 waves means an additional 3% increased. Well, I agree as well. I didn’t do any testing so I won’t know the exact results too.
- Cyclone Slash – Lv 6 in this build. In my own written Sword Master build, I mentioned about raising it to level 5 previously and did not see significant increase in the AOE. So I guess lv 6 is probably the required level to see significant results?
- Crescent Cleave – Lv 8 in this build. The maximum level attainable at character level 50 is lv 9 for this skill. Mentioned before, this skill is a boss-killer. I guess the SP from this skill could have went to increase Parrying Stance for longer duration.
- Half Moon Slash – Maxed at lv 7.
- Parrying Stance – Maxed at lv 4 in this build. An additional duration of 6 seconds can be helpful as well.
- Hemorrahage – Maxed at lv 8 in this build. Maximising debuffing capabilities.
If you need SP to gain access to Line Drive, there are some skills that I can recommend to be lowered. They are Parrying Stance, MLS EX, Cyclone Slash, Crescent Cleave and Half Moon Slash. However, I would not recommend to do this. You gain an additional of 2 attack skills in 2nd advancement. Probably, you won’t use much of the physical skills. Besides, if you look further ahead, there may be more skills coming up if Dragon Nest gets more updates like raising of level cap.
If you want Line Drive that badly, you may want to look at The Ultimate Moonlord Hybrid Guide on MMOsite. However, I don’t really like this build so I came up with my Hybrid Moonlord Build (10 SP left) that has Line Drive with some comments below.
- I don’t think Line Drive needs to be raised to lv 3. Your main attack is magic and when you advanced to Moonlord, you have 2 more attack skills. I rather put more SP in Hemorrahage to maximise debuff potential.
- I added Drop Kick in case you want some PvP action.
- Between Hemorrahage and Half Moon Slash, I chose both to be lv7 instead of lv8 in Hemorrahage and lv6 in Half Moon Slash to sort of balance things out. I guess either choice is fine.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 3.0 Unported License.