Analysis of Top Guardian Build (From Korea)
DNB: I would like to emphasize that this build is extracted from the Korea event, and it is not meant to be an exact 100% good skill build. As you can see from the title, it is an analysis.
Before going into analysis of the Top Guardian Build, as usual, I will show the description of the 3 new skills first. Credits to chaose5 from MMOsite.
- Guadian Force: Consume 3 “defence tokens” collected to activate. Phy damage 330.4%+1094 to surrouding target and give party members a protection barrier that will absorb damage up to 16410 damage at Lv2. Maximum duration of the barrier is 15sec. CD is 45sec.
- Auto Block EX: When attack is blocked successfully, a “defence token” will be gathered. Each “defence token” increase 2% str and 2% int up to the maximum of 10 tokens.
- Justice Crash: Jump and smash down to deal phy dmg 472%+1906 at skill lv 1. CD is 33sec. Invincible while casting. Can be activated in air by pressing spacebar. 100% chance to stun the target but will not deal critical damage.
Without further ado, let’s take a look at the skill build.
- Shield Blow/Lightning Upper/Charged Volt – Optional attack skills that some paladins may or may not prefer to increase their levels. As a more defensive PvE player, the player has left them at pre-requisite.
- Heal – Some paladins chose to put this just at Lv1, or even not adding this at all. For this player, he has maxed this skill. Why? Lv1-Lv7 only increases the Y number, while Lv8 and Lv9 increases the X number (Heal X% of HP + Y). Being a Guardian, which is also the main meat tank of the party, the HP is naturally high. Coupling this with Divine Avatar, the HP gets insanely high, and this would mean an extreme healing amount. Being a tank and a sub-healer, what other class can match this?
- Toughness/Physical Mastery/Mental Mastery/Mental Training – Maxed for best possible defensive and regenerative capabilities.
- Direct Kick – As this player is focusing a lot of its defensive capabilities, he has given up on the dual kicking capabilities. Nevertheless, a Direct Kick spam may be sufficient too.
- Sliding Knee Kick – I have mentioned that this is more of a PvP skill. Hence it is left unadded.
- Provocation – I have mentioned this is the Paladin’s guide. Being a pro-defensive player, Lv6 or Lv4+Crest is a must. Levelling it any higher would be wasteful though.
- Divine Ascension/Divine Vengeance – Similarly, I have mentioned this in the Paladin’s Guide. It improves the defensive capabilities of Paladins, but not meant to be a DPS skill. Pre-requisite and Lv1 are recommended.
- Stance of Faith – Placed at Lv5, instead of Lv7 when Lv50 cap is released. I would say it is due to an insufficient of SPs, or simply that the additional time granted would not be that useful compared to increasing other skills.
- Elemental Aura/Conviction Aura – A Lv5 Elemental plus a Lv1 Conviction!? He isn’t joking. Even though Paladins are primarily a Light attack/defense player, adding Elemental Aura gives you superior offensive (For Elemental Lords) and defensive capabilities (For Everyone) in the Sea Dragon Nest. For example, the Sea Dragon Boss is weak to Fire-Type attacks while strong in Water/Ice-Type attacks. Magma Boss is weak to Water/Ice Type attacks while strong in Fire-Type attacks. If your aim in playing a Guardian is to conquer the Sea Dragon, this build would be the way. However, note that another Paladin (Crusader or Guardian) with a maxed Conviction Aura should be partied along with you.
- Armor Break/Smite – Placed at Lv9 and Lv1 respectively, definitely due to insufficient SPs.
- Guardian Force – A strong attack with an ability to grant a protective barrier to surrounding players. Increasing it to Lv2 gives you a stronger barrier with nearly 3000 more damage absorption.
That’s all for now. Feel free to comment.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 3.0 Unported License.