Paladin Heraldry Plates
What are the suitable Heraldry Plates for Paladins? As you know there are both Stats-based Heraldry and Skills-based Heraldry. I would not be talking about ALL the plates available, but just what I consider is good for Paladins, and some other possible alternatives.
Note: I do not have the names of all the Heraldry Plates from DN SEA. I will be using my own translation from the CN/TW servers. Nonetheless, I will explain what the plate does, so you will roughly get the idea which Heraldry Plate it is.
Firstly, let’s talk about Stats-based Heraldry. The most important few plates would be
- Fatal – Increases your Critical Chance by a certain amount. I believe all attack classes will use this plate as one of their 8 choices. Critical ignores defense, so that is what makes Critical so important. Being an Agility class, this Heraldry amplifies the Critical stat by a larger amount compared to other classes.
- Physical Attack/Magic Attack – Depending on the build you are using for your Paladin, pick one of them. This amplifies your attack stat by a huge margin. Being Hybrid, you can choose to use them both at the same time, but you would have to sacrifice another Heraldry for it.
- HP – Increases your HP by a certain amount. Paladin with the Avatar skill can get his HP up to a very high amount, and this amount can be used to increase the amount of heal you do with your Heal skill. When you are using HP/Vitality equips, this plate will increase your HP by a lot more.
- Bear/Wisdom – Increases your Strength/Intelligence Stat by a certain amount. Depending on whether you are going for Crusader or Guardian, pick either one or both of them. Using this will increase your physical and/or magic attack by a good margin.
- Vibrancy – Increases MP regeneration. There are times when I often run out of MP after spamming my skills through dungeons. This plate helps me to continue attacking without worrying.
- Vitality – Increases your Vitality Stat by a certain amount. This would increase a little of your HP and Defense, UNLESS you are using equipment that boost Vitality by a huge margin. Then, this plate will increase your HP by a huge margin.
- Undaunting – Increases your Paralyze Resistance Stat by a certain amount. This reduces the chance of you getting hit to a state in which you won’t be able to move for a slight duration
Credits to Tanya: In order to play well in the Sea Dragon Nest, Physical Paladins or Guardians will have to use the following 8 Heraldry Plates. Physical Attack, Physical Defense, Magic Defense, Final Attack, MP Regeneration, Strength, HP, Vitality.
When you are really rich, try to get yourself a 3-stat Heraldry Plate. If you have ever gotten one in CBT, you would have seen a Stat Heraldry giving you a random additional stat in it. When a good additional stat is imbued within a good Heraldry Plate, it would usually cost a bomb. Either use it, or sell it for gold!
Secondly, for Skills, they are
- Half Turn Kick/Holy Kick – Must-have for Physical Paladins. Pick the cast time reduction choice in the Heraldry Production. You will understand what hurricane kick really is when you use both of the plates.
- Provocation – Increases the duration of Provocation. Pick the duration increase choice in the Heraldry Production.
- Smite – Arguably a must-have for ALL Paladins. Smite is one of the main DPS skill for any paladins. Pick the damage increase choice in the Heraldry Production. You may not learn Smite when 2nd job comes, so pick this plate if you are going for Crusader instead of Guardian.
- Armor Break – Arguably a must-have for Physical Paladins. Armor Break is a good DPS skill with fast cooldown. Pick the damage increase choice in the Heraldry Production.
- Divine Avatar – Increases your Divine Avatar duration by 4 seconds. Pick the duration increase choice in the Heraldry Production.
- Holy Cross – For Crusaders, to amplify their EX skill. Pick the damage increase choice in the Heraldry Production.
- Lightning Charger – Similarly for Crusaders. Pick the damage increase choice in the Heraldry Production.
Feel free to drop any comments below.
PS: I will update the names once OBT is out.