Analysis of Top Wind Walker Build (From Korea)
DNB: I would like to emphasize that this build is extracted from the Korea event, and it is not meant to be an exact 100% good skill build. As you can see from the title, it is an analysis.
Before going into analysis of the Top Wind Walker Build, as usual, I will show the description of the 3 new skills first. Credits to chaose5 from MMOsite.
- Show Time: A buff that reduce all passive action skill (e.g. Air Walk, Spiral Kick, Spirit Flame, Top Spinning, etc) cooldown by 90%. cooldown 56 sec, duration 10 sec at Lv2.
- Spiral Kick EX: Enhanced spiral kick. Left clicking activates Spirit Flame, right clicking kicks the enemy higher up into the air for further combo. Inc 30% damage.
- Rising Storm: pull and spin enemy around high up in the air. Phy dmg 664%+2390 at lv1. CD 45sec. AOE 2.5m, High superarmor while casting.
This is not the usual showcase of the Wind Walker skills video, but rather one of a way to use Show Time effectively. As you can see, while activating Spirit Boost+Show Time, Air Walk can be used for almost 29 times!! Did I count it correctly? If the boss is ever a skyscraper creature, I wonder how long the Acrobat will take to fall back to the ground. Furthermore, Rising Storm is another skill that grants you another aerial attack to combine with skills like Eagle’s Descent, Moon Sault Kick and Spiral Edge. Combining it will Top Spinning and you get.. yeah.. you get the idea. Not only is Rising Storm a good aerial attack, it has suction power similar to that of Spiral Vortex!
Some people says that Show Time is rather useless practically, and it doesn’t work that well in PvP. No player would allow you to Air Walk them indefinitely with all the available aerial evasion skills. Show Time is seen more like a performance, rather than an extreme boost in attack/speed. Acrobats taking Spiral Edge as their Lv40 skill usually are those who prefer PvP more, but Show Time however, did not really enhance that fact, which is kind of a pity. Nevertheless, it is unarguably the skill that makes Wind Walker the fastest class in Dragon Nest!
BONUS VIDEO! How do you fly sky-high with Spirit Boost+Show Time+Time Acceleration!
Without further ado, let’s take a look at the skill build.
- Twin Shot/Multi Shot – Being a melee class, levelling Multi Shot high is understandable. As opposed to the best Korea Tempest build, this player balanced a little on the SPs spent on these 2 skills.
- Magic Arrow – As I have mentioned in the Acrobat Guide, this skill is more of a PvP skill. In this case, this player may feel this skill is no longer that useful in PvP anymore.
- Mental Training – Having levelled several skills high, the MP consumption is naturally high. This must be added to at least Lv1. I believe almost all classes will have to add this skill.
- Physical Mastery – An optional skill that I have mentioned in the Acrobat Guide.
- Eagle’s Descent – This skill can deal incredible damage at high levels. A decent AOE skill.
- Blooming Kick – Placed at Lv4 rather than Lv6 for a 100% chance stun rate. I believe the player would not be relying on the stun rate that much for a dual Double Flying Kick.
- Whirlwind Kick – Placed at Lv6. Because Acrobats really needs all the available attack skills, they are heavily short of SPs, and hence this skill could not be raised high enough for a good damage dealer.
- Spirit Boost – Placed at Lv1 instead of Lv4. The player probably chose to enhance other attack skills instead of this.
- Spiral Vortex – Acrobats are also another class that heavily relies on skills from both skill tracks. This is placed at Lv1 to ensure the usual attack combo and flexibility.
- Show Time – Lv2 reduces the cooldown from 60 secs to 56 secs. In my opinion, for skills that have a short duration and a long cooldown time, a reduction in cooldown by such a short time does not really matter. Would you be staring at your Show Time icon and see when it has cooled down? And will the actual battle situation allows you to cast it immediately after the 56 or 60 second mark? Hence, Lv1 would be highly recommended as for now.
That’s all for now. Feel free to drop in any comments.
PS: Anyone who is playing a Wind Walker, feel free to try this Aerial Combo (Similar to that shown on the video, but instead of using Top Spinning upon reaching the highest height, use Moon Sault Kick instead). I am not sure if this works, but it is just meant to be an experiment. Also, tell us about your own Show Time combo!
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 3.0 Unported License.