Analysis of Top Saleana/Pyromancer Build (From Korea)
DNB: I would like to emphasize that this build is extracted from the Korea event, and it is not meant to be an exact 100% good skill build. As you can see from the title, it is an analysis.
Before going into analysis of the Top Saleana/Pyromancer Build, as usual, I will show the description of the 3 new skills first. Credits to chaose5 from MMOsite.
- Burning Hand: 18% Chance for Fire skill to deal 20% additional damage to target. CD 3.5sec at lv2
- Fire Ball EX: At 2~3 charging level, left click to shoot an improved fireballs. Right click and shoot 3 fireballs into a frontal fan-shaped manner.
- Rolling Lava: Summon a lava ball and roll to the front, dealing damage 1024%+8906 at lv1. CD 47sec. ( Rolling speed and casting speed improved after various changes to this skill in Test Server)
Here’s a video showing an Saleana/Pyromancer doing a dungeon. Her skills are not added based on this build.
Hybrid Pure PvE Skill Build (30 SPs left) I am assuming this Saleana build is a complete DPS PvE while giving up certain movement debuffing skills build.
- Flame Worm – I have mentioned in the Elemental Lord guide that Flame Worm is a useless skill even if you go Saleana. Pre-requisite is just what it takes.
- Shock Wave – More of a defensive than a DPS skill, that pushes enemies away from you. PvE highly needed in situations when you get surrounded.
- Counter Spell – This build sacrificed quite a few Elemental Lord’s skills, which I think this skill is essential.
- Flame Spark/Frost Wind – This really got me thinking. These are skills that disrupt attacks of your PvP opponents when placed at Lv1. This build completely ignores both skills, and I am speculating that this build is so focused on PvE DPS capabilities. Which means levelling several high damage spells and ignore these more-defensive skills.
- Fireball – A superb spell. Needless to say, max it. I have seen Saleana reducing almost 40% of 1 bar of Sea Dragon’s HP just by this spell alone. I forgot if that was fully charged or not.
- Inferno – Even though it is a great spell when levelled high, you will have to stay at a particular spot for several seconds in order to achieve that high DPS effect. Depending on your playing style, leave it at pre-requisite or level it as high as possible.
- Fire Bird – Only deals superb damage if all 3 birds hit the same target. Depending on your playing style, leave it at pre-requisite or level it as high as possible.
- Ignition – Despite having such a high cooldown, its damage is marvelous as the level goes high.
- Glacial Wave/Icy Fraction – Glacial Wave ignored since it is a DPS-focused Saleana build. And without such a strong skill that causes frozen status, Icy Fraction can be ignored as well.
- Fire Shield/Ice Shield – When used together, the damage reduction is wonderful. Nevertheless, pre-requisite is sufficient.
- Ice Stab/Chilling Mist – Great damage spells when levelled high. I said this is a highly DPS focused PvE build.
- Burning Hand – Lv2 only increases the chance by 3%. Lv1 is sufficient as of the Lv50 cap.
- Rolling Lava – Superb PvE spell as shown on the video. Perhaps the remaining SPs should be added here.