Analysis of Crusader Build
DNB: I would like to emphasize that this build is extracted from the Korea event, and it is not meant to be an exact 100% good skill build. As you can see from the title, it is an analysis.
Before going into analysis of the Top Crusader Build, as usual, I will show the description of the 3 new skills first. Credits to chaose5 from MMOsite.
- Justice Power: In a certain duration, phy attack is increased by 22% int while mag attack is increased by %22 str at Skill Lv2. Duration 25 sec, CD 30sec.
- Holy Cross EX: increase 50% damage and AOE of Holy Cross.
- Hammer of Jugdement: Throws a hammer in front to deal damage. Phy dmg 180.6%+1472, Mag dmg 180.6%+ 1262 CD 15sec at skill lv 1. Light elemental attribute.
Without further ado, let’s take a look at the skill build.
NOTE: I just realised that the Korean player build is inaccurate. The Paladin tree has Divine Avatar added instead of Thor’s Hammer. Hence, I would be recommending the level of skills to be added in all 3 Skill Trees.
This is my recommended skill build.
- Shield Blow/Lightning Upper/Charged Volt – Optional attack skills that some paladins may or may not prefer to increase their levels.
- Heal – Some paladins chose to put this just at Lv1, or even not adding this at all. For this player, he has maxed this skill. Why? Lv1-Lv7 only increases the Y number, while Lv8 and Lv9 increases the X number (Heal X% of HP + Y). A Crusader can also function as a sub-healer.
- Toughness/Physical Mastery/Mental Mastery/Mental Training – Maxed or placed at high levels for best possible defensive and regenerative capabilities. Mental Mastery Lv2 is sufficient.
- Direct Kick – Optional skill. Crusader focuses more on Magic, and this is a Physical Skill.
- Sliding Knee Kick – I have mentioned that this is more of a PvP skill. A melee and Physical skill. Crusaders can leave it unadded.
- Provocation – Even though a Crusader focuses more on attack, this skill is essential in various Nests such as the Sea Dragon Nest. At times where the Guardian is not able to cope with the onslaught of attacks, a Crusader can step up to be a sub-tank while the Guardian regains its capabilities. Afterall, a Crusader is in fact an evolution of Paladin. No other classes could defend better than Crusaders apart from Guardians.
- Divine Ascension/Divine Vengeance – Similarly, I have mentioned this in the Paladin’s Guide. Being a Crusader, these are definitely optional.
- Stance of Faith – Placed at Lv5. I would have maxed this at Lv7 if not for insufficient SPs for Provocation.
- Elemental Aura/Conviction Aura – Being a main Light attacker, high Conviction Aura is definitely a must. I have placed Elemental Aura at Lv0 as I would assume most Guardians would be following the Elemental Aura build.
- Armor Break – Placed at Lv8. Even though Crusader is not a Physical class, the physical defense reduction is very valuable to a party. It is your choice whether to level this high, or put the SPs to other skills like Stance of Faith, Lightning Charger, Wheel of Iron, or even Sacred Hammer or Charged Volt.
- Smite – Maxed. The bread and butter of a paladin’s damage.
- Justice Power – I placed it at Lv2 even though it may not be worthy of the SPs. The 2% increment may be negligible, but I have already utilized 310/312 of the Paladin skill tree. In the Cleric tree, I do not see any other skills that are worth adding, and hence I added to Justice Power.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 3.0 Unported License.