Analysis of Top Gladiator Build (From Korea)
DNB: I would like to emphasize that this build is extracted from the Korea event, and it is not meant to be an exact 100% good skill build. As you can see from the title, it is an analysis.
Before going into analysis of the Top Gladiator Build, as usual, I will show the description of the 3 new skills first. Credits to chaose5 from MMOsite.
- Evasion Slash: Rotate backwards to avoid enemy and launch an attack. Can be triggered during any skill motion even if in air. Invincible while casting. Phy dmg 250%+954, CD 25sec at Lv3.
- Triple Slash EX: Enhanced version of triple slash. New attack combo by using right clicking instead of left clicking.
- Finishing Attack: Knock down your enemy and deal finishing blow. Phy dmg 350.2%+2584. CD 35sec at Lv1. If target’s hp is below 40%, increase the skill dmg by 2% for each 1% of hp left.
The video below shows a gladiator solo-ing a quest dungeon.
Alright, let’s take a look at the build.
This build is a hybrid one which learns magic skills until Half Moon Slash.
- Circle Break – Lv 1 in this build. Not worth adding high also. As mentioned before, Gladiator has low Mana pool. If you are using a hybrid build, which is also the case for this korean build, your mana may run out fast if you are spamming too fast. So take note when you are spamming magic skills.
- Heavy Slash – Lv 7 in this build. I am quite surprised to see this. The reasons I can think of is that it is a skill with only 10 seconds cool down. Useful as a filler and for spamming purposes.
- Relieve – This skill was raised to level 5 because of the lower cooldown.
- Dash – Lv 4. Another surprise for me. It is not max-ed. If you don’t mind having a slower dash, you can put your SP elsewhere too. For me, I will use the SP from Heavy Slash here.
- Physical Mastery/Mental Mastery/Mental Training – In this build, all 3 skills are max-ed. Personal preference again to see if you need SP else where. Probably higher on Rising Slash. Lv 6 is the minimum level to execute 2 hits.
- Crescent Cleave – Lv 5 in this build. As you can see, all the magic skills are learnt till the pre-requisite level except for this one. This is because Crescent Cleave dishes out 5 sword waves instead of just 3 at lower skill level. The magic skills are most likely learnt for crowd control purposes and not for spamming since your main attack stat will be physical.
- Parrying Stance – Maxed at lv 4 in this build. An additional duration of 6 seconds can be helpful as well.
- Hemorrahage – Maxed at lv 8 in this build. Maximising debuffing capabilities.
- Line Drive – Maxed at lv 7 for highest damage.
- Triple Slash – Lv 6 in the build because to obtain a hybrid build,you will have insufficient SP to learn this skill higher to unlock the EX version. Besides, there are people who don’t like the EX version of the skill as well. The EX version doesn’t increase the damage. It only makes you stay where you are while using Triple Slash with high stiffness. Another point is it can attack knockdown-ed units. So as you can see, the benefits ain’t that great. The remaining SPs left are just used to raise Triple Slash for optimal DPS. But Triple Slash EX can be quite useful in terms of PvP.
- Evasion Slash(ES) – Lv 1 in this build. The SP is used in Heavy Slash (HS). Maybe the reason why the SP is used in HS instead is because the cooldown for this skill is 25 seconds while HS is only 10. If you multiply the damage for HS by 2, the % damage is 318%, higher than that of ES, which is 245%. It is also good to have new physical attack skills to use. From the Swordmaster physical track, you know that only Triple Slash, Deep Straight and Line Drive are the main skills you will use. Line Drive has long cooldown. Hacking stance depends on situation whereby mobs don’t move or they are dizzy (eg. Boss Mob: Manticore). It has a long cooldown also. As for Aerial Combo, it needs you to be in the air. Consistently using skills will be quite difficult to achieve if you are not playing hybrid build. Besides, Evasion Slash can be activated in any situation and also helps in avoiding damage. A very good skill!
- Finishing Attack – You can only learn till lv 1 at lv 50. Another new attack skill. Very useful when bosses are low in HP.
Ok folks. That’s about it. Feel free to comment and correct my mistakes if any. =)
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 3.0 Unported License.